- Lobster Rope, or Nautical Rope, is long-lasting polypropylene rope used to tether lobster traps in the ocean. It is considered commercial fishing rope.
- Due to its ability to withstand extreme weather conditions and the roughest of waters, lobster rope makes outstanding material for outdoor items, like doormats.
- It is water-resistant, mildew & mold resistant, won't ever rot, and dries quickly. Keeping fishing lines intact is an important job, so this rope is built to last.
- Polypropylene rope comes in many sizes and colors. It will never shrink and is resistant to salt used on icy walkways.
- Often twisted or braided, polypropylene rope is heavyweight & extra strong so it's also used for towing, docking, or for heavy loads.
- Some polypropylene rope floats; others are created to sink to protect marine wildlife.
LOBSTER ROPE 101 in 1 Minute